Thursday, June 4, 2009

Hillary Joy Kell Got Married!

We traveled to Fresno on May 9, 2009 to attend Hillary Joy Kell's wedding. Hillary is now Hillary Belmont. She looks gorgeous - and all grown up!


I babysat the Kell girls for several years - I think I started when I was 15 - babysitting often until I began working for the State when I was 20 - and when they moved away to Fresno when I was 21. I was trusted with caring for Hill when she was 4 months old - and saw her almost every day til she was a little over 2. When she was just learning to talk - she would greet me by calling me "Ho...ho...ho...ho". I have fond memories of the Kell family - and Hillary still holds a special place in my heart. Out of the 4 girls - she has a hint of red in her hair (like me) - that her Dad often said that I must have dyed.

Here are the 4 girls - they are all so beautiful - inside and out. Amanda was 1 when I started hanging out at her house; then Ashley - who was about 3 - and could get into trouble (nail polish in the clothes hamper, crayons on the piano keys); lil Hillary; and Melissa. I remember playing with the girls - taking the cushions off of the couches and place them upon the floor - that we needed to balance on so as not to fall in the "water" below - I loved to braid and "do" their hair - I loved getting them dressed in fun clothes for the day. Those were fun times.

Here's Hillary - looking beautiful in her dress with her hair just so - and holding a football. This is how I remember Hillary - she is THE athlete.

My friends Michelle Crowley and Debbie Kell. Both great women - and special women in my life. Michelle led me to Christ, discipled me, and was a wonderful friend and leader to me in the youth group at El Camino Baptist Church. Debbie Kell - along with being the mother of those great girls I babysat - she is an awesome game player (cards, board games, anything - kicks my booty at!) - and a truly kindred spirit. When I have the opportunity to spend time with either of them - they are still sweet bosom friends that you can start right where you left off. I regret not keeping in closer contact with them over the last 15 years. Life has taken us all to different places - but it is amazing how God continues to tie us all together with that bond that never changes and endures forever.

No comments: